If you need help with a housing issue, please contact us directly by filling out the contact form below, completing an application for emergency rental assistance, or calling us at 609-497-4535.
If you are experiencing a financial crisis and at risk of becoming homeless, click here to download our rental assistance application.
To see the steps in the selection process for Transitional Housing, just click here or scroll down.
- Contact HIP to request a Transitional Housing application, using the form above, emailing HIP at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 609-497-4535.
- Complete and deliver an application to HIP
- In-person interview with HIP Selection Committee
- Authorization for background check for eviction, credit & criminal history
- Contact references (personal and employer)
- Verify income*
- Selection Committee reaches a consensus and makes a recommendation to the HIP board for acceptance or decline
- Once accepted, a Transitional Occupancy Agreement is signed by the occupant and the chair of HIP, outlining the commitments of both the resident and HIP in working towards self-sufficiency.
*Applicants are income-qualified using New Jersey Department of Community Affairs Affordable Housing Regional Income Limits for Mercer County, NJ