If you need help with a housing issue, please contact us directly by filling out the contact form below or calling us at 609-497-4535.
To see the steps in the selection process, just click here or scroll down.
- An Application is completed and delivered to HIP
- In-person interview with HIP Selection Committee
- Authorization for background check for eviction, credit & criminal history
- Contact references (personal and employer)
- Verify income*
- Selection Committee reaches a consensus and makes a recommendation to the HIP board for acceptance or decline
- Once accepted, a Transitional Occupancy Agreement is signed by the occupant and the chair of HIP.
*Applicants are income-qualified using New Jersey Department of Community Affairs Affordable Housing Regional Income Limits for Mercer County, NJ