Our Vision and Mission Statements
Housing Initiatives of Princeton Charitable Trust (HIP) envisions the Princeton area as a diverse community where low-income families thrive with secure housing, employment and education.
Housing Initiatives of Princeton Charitable Trust (HIP) helps low-income working families and individuals in and around Princeton avoid homelessness. While providing transitional housing and temporary rental assistance, HIP equips families with tools for self-sufficiency, acting as a bridge between homelessness and hope.
Here is how we are able to do what we do:
- We accept clients who are employed or employable, and we perform credit and criminal background check for all applicants.
- We ask our clients to contribute to the cost of their housing based on their ability to pay. That helps us keep our own costs down and ensure that every possible dollar goes where it is needed the most.
- We organize fundraising events, like wine tastings, rent parties and auctions, dinner parties with celebrity guest, and more, in order to raise revenue to help underwrite supportive services and operating expenses.
- We procure financial contributions and grants from individuals, including board members, congregations, local businesses, foundations and trusts.
- We receive in-kind donations from individuals and businesses including professional services, cultural experiences, household appliances & furnishings and vehicles.
- We accept online donations from those inspired by our mission.
- We have a dedicated board and strong strategic collaborations.